The Recruitment and Selection Process is one of the basic HR Processes. Recruitment and Selection is very sensitive as many managers have a need to hire a new employee and this process is always under a strict monitoring from their side.
Selection Process have some Important Characteristics
Based on objective criteria, the management team selects top performers in a given position. The top performing employees are assessed on their mental ability, behavioral traits and occupational interest, which include the following 20 core characteristics:
- Learning index
- Verbal skill
- Verbal reasoning
- Numerical ability
- Numeric reasoning
- Energy level
- Objective judgment
- People service
This data is used to create a unique job fit profile that lays the foundation for the skills and characteristics required by your company for screening and hiring talented people.
Selection Process In HrmThe selection process consists of various steps. At each stage facts may come to light which may lead to rejection of the applicant. Steps involved in the selection are: -application
* Preliminary interview: - Initial screening is done to weed out totally undesirable/unqualified candidates at the outset. It is essentially a sorting process in which prospective candidates are given necessary information about the nature of the job and the organization.
* Application blank: - Application form is a traditional and widely used device for collecting information from candidates. The application form should provide all the information relevant to selection.
* Selection test: - Psychological are being increasingly used in employee selection. A test is sample of some aspects of an individual’s attitude, behavior and performance. It also provides systematic basis fro comparing the behavior, performance and attitudes of two persons.
* Employment interview: - An interview is a conversation between two persons. In selection it involves a personal, observational and face to face appraisal of candidates for employment.
* Medical examination: - Applicants who have crossed the above stages are sent for a physical examination either to the company’s physician or to a medical officer approved for the purpose.
* Reference checks: - The applicant is asked to mention in his application form the names and addresses of two or three persons who know him well.
* Final approval: - The shortlisted candidates by the department are finally approved by the executives of the concerned department. Employment is offered in the form of appointment letter mentioning the post, the rank, the grade, the date by which the candidate should join and other terms and conditions in brief.
source file is